Ontario Premier Doug Ford says according to health officials the province is now officially in the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
“We know that this wave will be more complicated, more complex. It will be worse than the first wave we faced earlier this year,” Ford said at his daily press briefing on Monday.
“But what we don’t know yet, is how bad the second wave will be.”
On Monday, the province recorded 700 new cases of COVID-19 after processing 41,111 tests. This is the highest single-day increase ever reported in Ontario since the pandemic began.
“Please follow the health guidance, please download the COVID-19 alert app, please get your flu shot this year,” Ford urged.
More to come.
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.