Some industries — from shipping to online learning — are hiring to meet coronavirus-related demand. Here are some of the companies hiring right now.
- Walmart Canada is hiring 10,000 employees to meet the nationwide exploding demand for household staples.
- Amazon is hiring 1,000 workers at its fulfillment centers and delivery networks across Canada.
- Pepsico Beverages Canada is hiring 500 positions including delivery drivers, warehouse workers and manufacturing employees.
- Dollarama says it is hiring 25,000 workers in the coming months to keep up with increased demand.
- Save-On-Foods and Loblaws are also hiring temporary positions across their grocery stores.
- Shopify announced it is hiring 1,000 workers for its new Vancouver hub.
- Grocery delivery company Spud.ca is looking to hire those laid off by restaurants.
- Instacart said it would hire 300,000 contract workers across the U.S. and Canada over the next three months.
- Online grocery Goodfood announced it will hire 500 positions in accounting, technology and warehouse operations.
- Hospital bed manufacturer Umano Medical said it is hiring production staff across the country.
- Slack is hiring software engineering employees in Toronto and Vancouver.
- Customer service and tech company 24/7 Intouch says it is hiring 400 customer service representatives.
- Babylon Health is hiring 200 employees in Vancouver and Toronto for medical positions.
“Our supply chain associates have been so vital to Walmart’s ability to serve communities during this time,” said Greg Smith. We’re looking for more people who want to make a difference. Learn why now is the right time to join #TeamWalmart: https://bit.ly/3dnAvnf
To meet the demands of this unprecedented time, we’re offering employment opportunities to those who may now be out of work. And we’re recognizing our front line employees with increased pay. https://amzn.to/2U4MzAM
If there’s one thing that everyone at Walmart Canada believes in, it is service to our customers. That’s never been more important than now, so we’re recruiting for these roles: Store Associates Warehouse Associates If serving others means something to you, then there’s never been a better time to join Walmart Canada than right now. Click here to apply: http://careers.walmart.ca/ #WalmartCanada #thisisthatplace #teamwalmart #retailcareers #nowhiring
Today we announced that to better serve the growing customer demand for grocery delivery & pickup, Instacart plans to bring on an additional 300,000 full-service shoppers over the next 3 months to act as household heroes for consumers nationwide. Learn more below. ⤵️ #instacart #instacartshoppers #grocerydelivery #onlinegrocery #groceryindustry
To all those seeking work or know someone who is seeking work; please apply or refer a friend today! Goodfood is expanding our operations throughout this time, keeping our commitment to Canadians from coast-to-coast to deliver weekly meal solutions while upholding the absolute highest standards of health and safety. Our production facilities in Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver are hiring. We have seen increased demand at this time, and we are ramping up our efforts to grow our team to keep things moving efficiently and to maintain the experience for our members. If you are searching for a new opportunity, join Goodfood! https://lnkd.in/duAJndS
Unique perspectives from professionals around the world
If you are looking for a “rewarding” career in Customer Loyalty check out the exciting opportunity for a More Rewards Specialist, Partners to join our team! https://lnkd.in/gmRVi3b #joinourteam #goingtheextramile #loyaltyrewards